[CS-FSLUG] Bibletime from Swedish point of view

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Oct 9 14:39:23 CDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 14:16, Hilding wrote:
> In usr/bin in the filesystem I have the "exe"-file, bibletime. I run
> that file and no wrongmessages.

Okay, then the error messages are simply what we would call background
noise. It may be hard to grasp this, but KDE and GNOME desktops both
put out a bunch of background noise like that. I consider it
irresponsible coding if you get this stuff and never correct the
problem which creates the messages. It is quite possible to compile the
software to suppress those messages. If you get the application to
work, don't worry about those messages.

If you cannot find the program in your menu system, you can create a
desktop icon for it. Right-click on the background, select "New >
Launcher" or something like that. When you do, a dialog will open and
allow you to select the icon and you can put /usr/bin/bibletime in
the "command" window of the dialog. Once you have created this icon,
see if it starts the program.

By the way, in Linuxland we refer to binaries and executable scripts,
not "exe-files". In the case of bibletime, it is a binary, or more
properly "executable binary." Did you know you'd have to learn yet one
more language? ;-)

--
Ed Hurst