[CS-FSLUG] Computer Disposal

edoc7 edoc7 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 7 21:47:12 CDT 2006

> I've heard that there are laws about how old computers can be
> disposed of, and yet working at a computer store I've seen some
> things simply tossed in the bins. Can someone tell me whether I can
> simply throw this thing in the garbage bins outside, or if I have to
> send it away. This thing isn't worth donating to a computers
> recycling program, the mother board and attached cards are all dead
> or dying, most of the parts are proprietary too so the only parts
> that can be reused are the CD-Rom drive and the Floppy Drive.

It depends where you are.  Many municipalities have
places where you may bring the monitors, and the rest
of the PC, because they are concerned about the hazardous
materials in the monitor.

So long as you properly dispose of the monitor the rest
may be tossed in any dumpster to which you have legal
access.

doc