[CS-FSLUG] Locked Up Laptop - Can't Reboot

Alan Marsh amarsh at abed-nego.com
Fri Mar 31 13:13:34 CST 2006

Don,

Could you give us some more details... like the make and model of the
card, the distro you are running and what you used for a driver?

I have a HP zv6170us laptop running Gentoo (64 bit) (dual boot with XP Pro
due to Windows only BIOS updates and other nonsense from HP) and it has an
internal broadcomm card that I have not yet setup with ndiswrapper... but
part of me would just like to buy a nic card that just works out of the
box...

I was sidelined from working on that while I built a new desktop machine
to replace the old one which I sold to a client who needed a machine in an
emergency.

Thanks!