[CS-FSLUG] Proprietary Software: Capitalism or Greed?

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 30 11:55:50 CST 2006

Don Parris wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Alan Trick <alantrik at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>> There is no coercion thus the contract is enforceable.
>> If you need to be familiar with software to be considered for a large
>> number of jobs, I might consider that a reason to invalidate the
>> contract. IANAL, but your free market ideals only work in the absence of
>> a monopoly.
>>
>> If were talking about Microsoft, they've been convicted of being a
>> monopoly and taking advantage of that to seriously stiffle innovation in
>> the US, Korea, and by the European Union.
>
> I've never thought of Doc as a big supporter of Microsoft.

I am not sure how enforcing a legal contract *absent
any coercion* makes anyone a support of MS.

Since everyone has alternatives to MS then they
are free to market their defective and overpriced
junk and others may market their alternatives and
still others may offer free alternatives.

MS is one of several players -- it is only when
they practice false advertising and predatory
monopolistic restraint of trade that they lose
their right to function free of severe legal
restraints.

Given the huge growth of non-MS products in the
marketplace I am not quite certain why anyone
but Bill Gates and his minions are upset.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus