[CS-FSLUG] Proprietary Software: Capitalism or Greed?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 20:43:19 CST 2006

On 3/29/06, Alan Trick <alantrik at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > There is no coercion thus the contract is enforceable.
>
> If you need to be familiar with software to be considered for a large
> number of jobs, I might consider that a reason to invalidate the
> contract. IANAL, but your free market ideals only work in the absence of
> a monopoly.
>
> If were talking about Microsoft, they've been convicted of being a
> monopoly and taking advantage of that to seriously stiffle innovation in
> the US, Korea, and by the European Union.

I've never thought of Doc as a big supporter of Microsoft.  I would
just place him in the "open source" camp, rather than the "free
software" camp. ;-)  It's almost like the difference between
Methodists and Baptists - the baptists don't believe in backsliding
and the Methodists practice it. ;-)  (I've been both before anyone
starts shooting.)  And we're all still Followers of Jesus Christ.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/