[CS-FSLUG] SpamCop BlockList

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Mar 27 18:24:21 CST 2006

Hi everyone,
	Has anyone tried using SpamCop's Blocklist service? I'm thinking my
server's blacklists aren't doing a good enough job, but I'm afraid
SpamCop's might be overly aggressive. For my own e-mail, in less than
two hours, I've received 14 messages filtered out by SpamAssassin and
1 filtered out by Mail.app's filter. I know my blacklists are
blocking many, many more (I bounce over 20,000 messages a week via
blacklists), nevertheless, I'd like to raise the number bounced and
lower the amount that are handled by SpamAssassin or local filters.

	If not SpamCop's list, are any other RBL's worth looking at? Right
now, I am using:

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
dnsbl.njabl.org
list.dsbl.org
cbl.abuseat.org
relays.ordb.org
hil.habeas.com

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |