[CS-FSLUG] Hard Drive Cloning

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:58:19 CST 2006

No, I want to clone it so it COULD be used in another...or this
computer.  It will be a backup in case this computer crashes.  If this
one dies totally and I have to replace it with a new one and put in
the backup clone, that would not be a violation of any rules.
Currently I am thinking of replacing this computer and when I do this
HD will be clean when I dispose of it.

On 3/19/06, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> At 03:24 PM 3/19/06, Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> >I want to clone the 80GB drive in my wifes XP machine.  I have two
> >80GB drives in it now and they are both recognised by XP.  C: is the
> >boot drive.  I want to clone C: to D: so that it can be used as the
> >boot drive in another computer.
>

> I must be misreading something here.  You want to clone the WINXP boot
> drive, then use the clone in another system?  Doesn't that violate
> EULA?  Besides, unless the two computers have nearly identical hardware, it
> won't work anyway.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."