[CS-FSLUG] Disturbing Ford Commercial

Ciaran Hamilton cs-fslug at theblob.org
Wed Mar 15 02:03:53 CST 2006

On Wed, March 15, 2006 6:27 am, Nathan T. said:
> Recently I was the unfortunate viewer of what someone though was a
> funny Ford commercial running in the Uk, from what I was told it was
> an actual Ford commercial which consisted of a cat being enticed to
> stick it's head in the sun roof of a car and then having the sun roof
> close first trapping it's head, then cutting the head off.

I live in the UK, and I haven't seen that commercial. However, I should
add that I don't watch TV very often either, so there could well be new
ads that I haven't seen before.

> I cannot tell you all how disgusting that commercial was or how awful
> it was to see it, if any of you want to see it I could send you the
> link but I warn you the commercial is emotionally disturbing as well
> as nauseating.

I would like to investigate it. Please email the link to me off-list. I'm
fairly sure it can't be real from what you describe; for one thing, I
doubt it'd ever have got past the Advertising Standards Agency, who need
to approve all the ads over here before they're shown.

Thanks,

 - Ciaran.