[CS-FSLUG] Disturbing Ford Commercial

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 00:27:51 CST 2006

Recently I was the unfortunate viewer of what someone though was a
funny Ford commercial running in the Uk, from what I was told it was
an actual Ford commercial which consisted of a cat being enticed to
stick it's head in the sun roof of a car and then having the sun roof
close first trapping it's head, then cutting the head off.

I cannot tell you all how disgusting that commercial was or how awful
it was to see it, if any of you want to see it I could send you the
link but I warn you the commercial is emotionally disturbing as well
as nauseating. I for one cannot stand the though of helpless creatures
being heinously killed for the sake of entertaining the mentally
unfit, the very thought that people found that funny is frightening.

It may be this was some one's idea of a practical joke, and I'm hoping
it is although you really have to wonder just how mentally ill someone
has to be to find that funny. All I've seen so far indicates that this
is a commercial running in the Uk, but that's only from one source and
while watching the video I was fortunate enough to have my sound
turned off.

I don't think I could write to Ford right now and nicely ask them if
it's their commercial, but if someone else wants to give it a try I'd
be interested to find out what they have to say. If it is a practical
joke I think Ford should prosecute the authors for connecting their
name to such a disgusting video, if they need a reason to prosecute I
think lost sales and slander of their brand name is a good place to
start.

I look forward to forgetting that awful video.