[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu Desktop Installation How-to

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:21:55 CST 2006

Greetings all,

I have written an installation guide for a desktop Ubuntu system, to
be used by those involved with The Freely Project.  Essentially, any
non-techie user should be able to follow the guide to install Ubuntu
Linux 5.10 successfully.  I would appreciate verification that this
how-to accomplishes that goal from the folks on this list.

You can provide your own input or have a non-techie near you try to
follow the instructions.  Alternatively, if your favorite pet can
follow the directions, we'll have a pretty good idea the user is
brain-dead if they have too much difficulty.

http://matheteuo.org/docs/ls3g_ubuntu_desktop_install.txt

Also,  this document accepts the default partitioning scheme (erase
entire hard disk) if anyone desires to document the alternative HDD
partitioning options, that would be really cool.  Thanks in advance
for the comments.

Blessings,
Don
--