[CS-FSLUG] Eastern disciplines in regard to our faith.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Mar 13 21:18:53 CST 2006

> Does anyone have any objections against practising an Eastern
> discipline such as Thai Chi or Yoga ?

	Ok, let me weight in on this. Perhaps I'll surprise y'all with this
one. I believe Yoga is incompatible with Christianity -- it is part
of one of the four paths to Moksha in Hinduism and I believe is
inseparable from Hinduism.

	To relate to the other thread: Reading about Harry Potter's fake
magic, real magic, a fictional religion, another real religion are
all very different from actually practicing any of those things. If I
read Harry Potter and start practicing conjuring spirits then I think
I've crossed the line (even if I do circle myself before calling up
Mephistophilus :-P).

	I've written something on Yoga before (offline), I'll post it when I
dig it up.

	-Tim
---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats