[CS-FSLUG] Computer Science

Bradly McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 22:21:04 CST 2006

On 3/9/06, Peter J. Vasquez Sr. <pjvasquez at baeyogin.com> wrote:
> You might also benefit from the Electrical Engineering and Computer
> Science section of MIT's OpenCourseWare.
>
> http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/index.htm
>
> or maybe even the wikipedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_science
>
> Hope this helps.

Another option is to invest in Oreilly's Safari Bookshelf
(safari.oreilly.com)- if you can tolerate reading things on screen all
the time.  The pricing is scaled, so there are different levels
ranging from $10 to $35 (US) per month, with discounted pricing for an
annual subscription.  Oreilly is not the only publisher that provides
content - Thompson, Prentice Hall PTR, and some of the other big
names.  This would give you access to not only the style of books you
are looking for at a manageable price, but also a whole assortment of
other topics within the computer industry.  Everything from Perl to
Cisco IOS.  I have the attention span of a gnat, so I tend to print
anything longer than a few pages to read.  With some of the
subscriptions, you can print X number of chapters per month, so you
can still print "some".

Brad