[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 8 09:13:19 CST 2006

> And obviously here we have a major difference. You and I understand very
> differently the task of "being in the world but not being of the
> world". I can read Potter books while remaining holy and not worldly,
> as much as the Apostle Paul could read a whole bunch of Stoic Greek
> poets and remaining the holiest of people.

I think the challenge in this thread is that
we keep switching back and forth between what
is appropriate for *children* and what a tiny
fraction of people who may be spiritually mature
Christian adults.  The parameters of what is
"safe" differ greatly between the two.

I do not *choose* to dump the spiritual trash
that is intentionally embedded in Harry Potter
nor the anti-social garbage that is intentionally
embedded in the Simpsons into the "temple of the
Holy Spirit" that is the brain part of my body.

I do not *permit* either to be visited upon the
tender developing brains of our children because
God commands me to protect them from such.

I have never, and will never, instruct any adult
as to what they may or may not read or view or
listen to -- that is between them and God -- but
I do provide Bible-based instruction as to what
is good stewardship of the temple of the Holy
Spirit.

--
DavidC

http://bibleseven.com