[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Tue Mar 7 19:37:22 CST 2006

On a related note, I stumbled across a news story today entitled "Man
became Wiccan after leaving Episcopal church", which talks about
someone who turned to wicca after reading the Potter books (you can
find the article at
http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060304/LIFESTYLE08/603040310&SearchID=73237677091215
)

One sentence in the article though ("My sense is that the strain of
leading a Christian flock while not fully being able to believe the
message I was preaching finally dropped me into what might be called a
very early mid-life crisis."), makes it sound like he disbelieved
before Potter roled around and that Potter was more incidental than
anything.

Anyways, I tend to side in favour of allowing people to choose to read
the books (and I think that I've read most of them myself), but there
are definitely dangers to be on the lookout for.

Dave