[CS-FSLUG] Bigger antenna

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 6 20:12:15 CST 2006

At 05:38 PM 3/4/06, Nathan T. wrote:
>Anyway, my router has a line of sight range of approximately 400
>metres according to D-Link, I have been doing some reading and while
>it didn't all make sense I know I have an invaluable resource just an
>e-mail away I can get information from. So, here goes...

Must you use an antennae?  What about a dish?  Remember those old 10-12
foot satellite dishes - apparently somebody used them to establish a
125-mile unamplified link.
         http://www.unwiredadventures.com/unwire/2005/12/defcon_wifi_sho.html
I know absolutely nothing about this stuff, but I was recently sent these
links:

http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/15/how-to-build-a-wifi-biquad-dish-antenna/

http://www.wikarekare.org/

http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm