[CS-FSLUG] OT: Potter, Halloween and Philipians 4:8

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Mar 5 19:53:43 CST 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 20.38, David M. Colburn. D.Min., MACo. wrote:
> Here is an illustration of the problem of incremental surrender
> to the deception of the Enemy.
>
>  > ... you can get far worse material in fairy tales and ancient
>  > literature
>
> Merely because spiritually destructive literature was present
> in the past does not in any way serve as an argument against
> spiritually destructive literature in the present.

No; but it serves as an argument against an irrational withdrawal from
rationality to spurious authority. Christianity has thrived in the most
corrupt of societies with people who lived within the society and
culture. This is my culture. My task is not to withdraw from it, but to
be a witness to the Lord's Good News in the midst of the public square.

Remember that even the Apostle Paul quoted a Pagan poet in Acts 17...

> We do not allow our children to read many common "fairy tales
> and ancient literature" because they are vehicles for the lies
> of the Enemy.

Even the Bible can be a vehicle for that, if you know what I mean....

> The "serpent" has been present since the days of Adam and
> Eve in the Garden and has been whispering subtle lies inside
> of appealing word pictures ever since.
>
> 1 Thessalonians 5:21
>
> "5:19 Do not extinguish the Spirit. 5:20 Do not treat prophecies with
> contempt. 5:21 But examine all things; hold fast to what is good.
> 5:22 Stay away from every form of evil.

> 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself make you completely holy and
> may your spirit and soul and body be kept entirely blameless at the
> coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 5:24 He who calls you is
> trustworthy, and he will in fact do this.16 " [NET]
>
> I agree:
> "Stay away from *every form* of evil"

Of course. I will not relinquish my duty and my calling of examining all
things.

And you know, willfully putting stepping stones in front of less-grown
brethren is a horrendous evil and a device of the Enemy, too, who can
then use those stones to be the accuser of our brethren.

Blessings,

Eduardo
--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez