[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

David McGlone dmcglone at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 2 21:43:02 CST 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 10:41 pm, David Colburn wrote:
> Christianity is at odds with every other religious
> construct and Harry Potter *is not* harmless
> entertainment, little out of Hollywood is harmless,
> nor is it intended to be such.

I guess all my years of watching movies have corrupted me. I watched the Harry
Potter movies, so did my 6 year old Son because *it IS* *and WAS* harmless
entertainment to both of us. I sure don't see my son running around trying to
prove that you can wave a stick and cast a magic spell.

This whole conversation is just a bunch of Bologna! And you make me feel like
the only entertainment I can have in life is praying, reading the Bible and
sitting in church.

Can I play Monopoly? Or is there some religious reason behind becoming rich
and owning a lot of property and forcing others into bankruptcy in a fantasy
game because it is too closely related to Microsoft's real world business
practices?

--
David M.