[CS-FSLUG] Nameserver value disappears?

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 12:29:50 CST 2006

On 3/2/06, Ciaran Hamilton <cs-fslug at theblob.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is dhcpclient set to run on startup? Maybe it's trying to overwrite the
> values you already have set?

As far as I could understand, dhcpclient is not installed (when I
tried to configure it, system informed me that it needs to install
dhcpclient-software first).

> What's the contents of /etc/resolv.conf after a reboot, before you
> re-enter the values?

less /etc/resolv.conf produced only the following line (without quotes):

"; generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!"

When I set nameserver value manually, it is changed to (without quotes):

"nameserver 192.168.0.254
search site"