[CS-FSLUG] OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

David Colburn edoc7 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 2 09:37:57 CST 2006

You may have built the foundation upon which
they will easily justify reading (and believing)
the Koran, the Da Vinci Code, and worse.  It is,
IMO, time to start worrying.

Satan depends upon the slippery slope of
incremental situational ethics and has used
it to successfully drive the Bible out of the
government "public" school system.

The Bible is one of the key sources of civilizing
influence and has been for thousands of years.
Anything that undermines the authority of the
Bible "Stinks and smells of smoke and comes from
the pit of Hell."  [Steve Brown of Key Life Ministries]

We informed our children that Santa Clause is a
fun game that some families play, nothing more.
They know the same about the Easter Bunny and
the Tooth Fairy and the like.  Guess what?  The
truth has not hurt them and we are equipped to be
consistently honest with them.

They watch Veggie Tales, Prayer Bear, the Donut
Man, Bob the Builder, Dr Seuss, Beginners Bible,
some selected Thomas the Train, Winnie the Pooh,
and a variety of carefully screened videos from
the public library, etc.

They consistently test above the average student
in their same age group nationally.

One has to understand the development of the brain
to understand why careful controls on the input to
a child's mind is so critical.

They have very little established sense of right
and wrong, good and evil.  The brain recognizes
truth based on repeated unchallenged patterns.
When sources of authority permit anything their
immature brains record those things as truth.

Miracles clearly attributed to the God of the
Bible are truth.

Magic that mascarades as miracles are lies of the
Enemy.

The Bible is very clear about the difference and
saves particularly strong words about the consequences
of tolerating the latter.

doc