[CS-FSLUG] OT Re: school dress code,

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Thu Mar 2 00:30:04 CST 2006

doc, 'mash, thank you guys,

I will get tomorrow the upperclassmen for a meeting during recess and
they don't get out of the closed room until they have agreed on a few
rules about what is proper, and how THEY will enforce them.  I fully
trust them to come out with something as straight, yet more enforceable
(because it was their solution) than anything I might come up with :-)

Before I leave them to cringe and despair their lost leisure time, I
might remind them that I see their education in this (Christian) school
as the education of officers to lead hosts for the Lord, and how, in the
Services, the uniform is a tool rather than a look.

I will also pass on to the Admin the idea of slacks.  Yes, I do recall
how when I was a just-off-the-tree teacher, I once sat right in front of
this line of high school girls with way too short skirts.  It was quite
embarrassing, and made for me to have to keep standing up most of the time.

Yama