[CS-FSLUG] Networking two Linspire boxes

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 09:37:49 CDT 2006

I can only say that the power supply has given me no problems, but I
have a garage full of old power supplys that are sacavanged from old
computers as they become obsolete.  I have not taken it apart to look
at the workmanship of the circuits.

The only problem I have had was that a NIC board that was a third
party supplier that I added later went out when I had a power failure
two weeks ago, but that isnt Sub500s fault, they didnt supply it.

On 7/30/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/29/06, Jim Isbell, W5JAI <jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can state that I have owned a SUB500 computer for almost two years
> > now and am very happy with it.
>
> Can you comment on the quality of the hardware? My main concern about
> those ones is that the power supply is going to be something that
> breaks down after a few years and takes other pieces of hardware with
> it. I've never experienced that, even with what people call cheap
> power supplies, but I thought I'd get some comments anyway.
>
> > As to the difference between SUB300 and SUB500, I found the prices on
> > both to be in US dollars and they had different computers that were
> > priced as the title suggested.  Maybe thats changed since I shopped
> > there 2 years ago.
>
> It used to be a difference in currency, with the same computers on
> both sites, unless I'm developing alzheimers at a young age which
> wouldn't surprise me.
>
> > As to SUB200, when I logged into SUB300 the first page that came up
> > was SUB200 with a $199 computer offered.  Then later when someone
> > commented on what they got on SUB200 I tried again and then got a page
> > saying that URL was available.  I have not yet gotten the page that
> > you describe???
>
> I believe that is just a marketing thing, the 300 was crossed out and
> there as a 200 on top on the page I saw.
>
> The sub200.com url forwards me to bluegreenred.com, but the first
> album listed has a title that's very vulgar imo. NSFW if you ask me.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."