[CS-FSLUG] AMD PIC

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 16:08:54 CDT 2006

It is my understanding that the AMD-PIC uses a Linux based operating
system.  So I am wondering if it is possible to download from Linspire
the Linspire operating system and use that instead and be able to
download programs using CNR.

Or in the alternative, could XP be installed on it?

I cant seem to fimnd much about this computer so dont really know what
its capabilities are.  It is marketed as an Internet Connection so I
dont know if that means it cannot run programs etc or not.

What I want it for, if it will do the job, is to run Navigation
software on my boat where its small size would allow me to hide it
away from harsh environments.

--
Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."