[CS-FSLUG] Off to work

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Jul 23 20:32:07 CDT 2006

veritosproject at gmail.com wrote:
> On a sidenote, the same thing (different towns) is happening to one of
> my church's youth pastors.  That led to a
> mini-sermon/tangent/whatever-you-want-to-call-it about the
> qualifications of a pastor, with one side being the Biblical
> classification (in good standing, been a Christian for a while, has a
> wife that will keep him on track, etc.) versus the ones we often see
> now (good speaker, degree, etc.).

I like that. I agree professionalism must take a back seat to spiritual
requirements. In this case, the tiny congregation is mostly one extended
family in four generations, plus a couple of others. The entire
congregation is about as oddball as they come. For example, this
particular family is composed mostly of ex-drug abusers. These folks are
exceedingly laid back in terms of the externals -- jeans, shorts and
t-shirts were common Sunday morning attire. Had I played entirely by the
rules of standard Baptist etiquette, I doubt they would have invited me
to come.

This is precisely the sort of folks to which I am called.

--
Ed Hurst