[CS-FSLUG] CueCat scanner?

Linc Fessenden l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Fri Jul 7 23:32:04 CDT 2006

edoc7 wrote:
> Linc,
>
>     I used to have the URL for that mod, as I recall
> a wire or something needed to be clipped?  Or was that
> to prevent them from remotely tracking what you scanned?

I have long since lost the link but it was a trace that needed to be cut
on one model and on another a pin needed to be lifted on the ic.

>     Sure would be fascinated to learn what you are using
> under Linux and what apps you are considering beyond
> bar code scanning.

Well, I was just considering whipping something up under php and mysql.
  I do a lot of LAMP programming for work and it carries over into my OS
programming as well.

>     I may not end up using it myself, then again I may!
> We sure could use something to bring order to the tapes
> and books here and it would make a great project for
> the 9 & 11 yr olds!
>
> Thanks!  doc

I think there are some programs already out there that will even look up
info from online databases for you.  Pretty nifty stuff.  There is also
stuff like the UPC database where you can look up all kind of UPC's as
well.  That's at http://www.upcdatabase.com/
--
-Linc Fessenden