[CS-FSLUG] Tell Novell What Windows-Only Apps You Still Use

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Jan 27 09:43:02 CST 2006

Ritchie, Josiah S. wrote:
>>an OOo project to work on "reveal codes" feature.  Would that be close
>>enough?
>
> Knowing Ed, I highly doubt it. I think it's the program itself that he
> likes and not the interest in backward-compatibility, though the reveal
> codes is a nice start in my opinion.

You know me, Josiah. It's the combination of formatting options, the
logic of the menu, the toolbar widgets, and a raft of features OO.o may
never incorporate. WP worked the way I think, with defaults I seldom had
to change. It's not just reveal codes feature, but how it worked, what
it told me about the formatting, cutting things up into much finer
distinctions. In short, it offered total control over tiny details of
the presentation and formatting. Oh, it's manner of handling templates
and such was far, far smarter than OO.o.

--
Ed Hurst