[CS-FSLUG] More than one distro

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Mon Jan 23 20:02:42 CST 2006

Well, you can kill the system with one command anytime you're logged
in as root (eg. rm -rf /), so it should be no surprise that you can
clobber existing partitions when you're installing a new distribution.

As far as setting things up, if windows is in the mix install it first
as I seem to recall that it has a tendency to replace all existing
partitions.  Any Linux distribution that I've installed (Redhat,
Mandrake, SuSE primarily for me), has had some good tools for disk
partitioning.  You may need to set an option for an advanced mode
install or some such thing so that it doesn't auto-partition your
disk.  I've never had a problem with it.

As far as stability goes, once everything is installed then there's no
difference.  Just ensure that the bootloader (probably grub these
days) gets installed in the master boot record on your hard drive
(should be the default).

Dave