[CS-FSLUG] More than one distro

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Mon Jan 23 11:26:09 CST 2006

My experience with double boot is that it can be done (I use SuSE 10 as
well) but you are pretty much one checkbox or equivalent away from
disaster.  My score is one triple boot working (Mandriva/Suse 9.3/Suse
10), after 4 mUBAR attempts.  Of course all on an otherwise disposable
Hard drive.  I guess it's one of those things that you have to do until
you get right, then it's very easy... :-)

As I did, you go ahead with your CD based install, when you come to
partitioning you dance, then it works.  Or doesn't, and you start again.

Not much help from me, besides telling you to reserve at least one day
for the project, and expect it to take you past midnight...
But apparently it can be done.  How stable it is later, dunno.
Especially as to passing info to/from.

Yama