[CS-FSLUG] "Boycott MS" Noise

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Jan 21 09:31:29 CST 2006

I'm not one who supports willy-nilly every "Christian" boycott of
business over political agendas.

(Quote) Ken Hutcherson, pastor of Antioch Bible Church in Redmond,
Washington, where Microsoft is based, is coordinating the opposition,
according to Fuiten. He will likely urge church members nationwide to
divest shares in Microsoft and other companies that support the
legislation, Fuiten says.

"There are about 63 million evangelicals in America, and so we work in a
lot of mutual funds and investment portfolios," says Fuiten, 56. "If you
could make Microsoft's stock drop by $1 a share, you cost Bill Gates
$200 million." (End quote)

(http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aJM4HaNLjBt8&refer=us)

Shall we tell them it would cost Gates & Co. more if we boycotted MS
software, as opposed to stocks?

--
Ed Hurst