[CS-FSLUG] OT: Re-introductions.

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:50:28 CST 2006

I think it's important to consider the differences between most posts
in this list and Fred's posts which seem to have been a source of
disagreement.

I kept quiet about it, but I did find Fred was doing a lot of
political advertising and posting other OT stuff to the list. Now you
won't hear me complaining about his blond jokes, but a lot of other
stuff was just your run of the mill feel-good chain mail and news
which was not really technical or christian related. That's not to say
that Fred wasn't a good contributor, I did enjoy some of his posts.

The problem though was the volume received daily. It was suggested
that he condense his daily miscellaneous news postings into digests or
something of that sort. Surely three or four of those a day wouldn't
be a problem, and would be far more enjoyable than a dozen or more
e-mails each day, but he opted to leave instead, I suspect feeling
unappreciated.

I wasn't the one who complained, I don't know who did that and I think
it's best that it stays that since it was within that person's right
to complain, and it's within other list member's rights to disagree. I
will however admit that it came to a point where I set up a filter so
Fred's messages were marked as read from the point they came in, that
way I could distinguish between his and the other new posts and I
could go over his later on when I had time to choose which to keep and
which to get rid of.

I don't think anyone else needs to worry about causing conflict in the
list with their posts, I used to post very frequently with what,
looking back, was some rather silly, trivial, and even laughable
stuff. The moderators are the same people now as they were back when I
first signed up to this list, and I don't see them laying down the law
on anyone else.