[CS-FSLUG] HD Formatting problems

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Mon Jan 16 00:03:53 CST 2006

I have revived left-for-dead HD by connecting them on a setup with a
stronger power source.  I do not use them anymore afterwards (they have
bproved unreliable) but at least that gives me a chance to retrieve the
information on them.  To the contrary of sjm's experience, sometimes
hard to reach HDs have responded when I set them to CableS, but I guess
that the bottom line is 'try everything'.  My approach to this one in
particular would be not to trust it, and or its HD-motherboard interaction.

Yama