[CS-FSLUG] Computer Ministry

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Jan 15 22:14:52 CST 2006

Estimates say in a couple of weeks, my church will announce they
officially suppot my computer ministry. As a part of that, I am tasked
to provide direct support to our planned Disaster Relief Command Center.
I will be the chief planner and communications officer (titles I just
made up to cover the job).

I have put out a request for a donated laptopt with more zip than the
one I have (Gateway Solo 2500 -- 266Mhz). This will be church property,
and it must be able to run a newer OS (of my choice, naturally) so that
we have the capability of plugging in the widest possible range of
PCMCIA cards for varied communications.

That's where you folks come in: Advise me what cards are good additions
to the kit. I forsee a cell modem and wifi cards. What else could be
useful in varied situations where commo might be limited, varied, unknown?

Ed Hurst