[CS-FSLUG] wireless internet security

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 12 12:43:24 CST 2006

I don't much about technical details, but the non-profit I do some work for
is using a wireless ISP in rural Ontario.  Unlike the wireless router you
might use in your home (which uses unlicensed frequencies) the wireless
ISP's must license their frequencies.  You'd have to ask the ISP if they
encrypt transmissions - I never bothered to ask.  With online banking, your
browser and remote site encrypt data at the software level, so it doesn't
matter if it's encrypted at the hardware level or not.