[CS-FSLUG] wireless internet security

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Jan 12 12:38:27 CST 2006

Ron.T wrote:

>     I agree with you Ed.  It would seem unlikely, and boring, to bother
> with my internet traffic.  Another question comes to mind though,
> whether the provided radio modem would have a high immunity to strong
> radio frequency fields from my own amateur radio activities.  Hmmm.

I didn't find anything really useful on this. They say the freqs are
different, but I know some equipment at close range will tend to bleed
over some. During my cabbie days, I used to pickup cellphone traffic on
the taxi radio near the towers, though they were quite a ways apart on
the band. I guess it depends on how "clean" your ham equipment is.

--
Ed Hurst