[CS-FSLUG] The Height of Stupidity?

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:28:29 CST 2006

On 1/6/06, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> An Italian court will get to decide whether Jesus actually existed:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060105/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_religion_court_2
>
> The defendent doesn't get it.  And the plaintiff even admits "it would
> take a miracle to win".

WOW,

You know what a lot of this sort of things happen because of...
Because alot of people feel the were let down by God at some point
and so out of spite make themselves numb and bitter and deny his existence
as its easier.

People don't want to believe in God as it suddenly makes them
accountable, guilty.

I had an experience the other day which really hurt my heart.
I took my best friend to Church about 3 months ago and she was really
touched and
had a good cry in my arms over feeling really confused about what to believe.
I was so pleased that it really made her question herself. She was
very keen to go back
again. This has slowly faded and she has filled her life with friends
and drinking and
just being young and reckless which is not entirely wrong. The problem
though is that she knows this does not last and when the hangovers
kick in reality steps up to bat.  She has also recently met a new guy
and is very happy and this is where the heart sore happened.

I asked her casually again if she wants to come to church with me.
She looked at me and said "Ahh I don't really believe in that sort of
thing at all."

What a shock to my system. I know full well that she knew herself that
this was not the
truth. I could see it in her eyes. But I understood fully why she had said it.
She is at a time in her life where she does not want to be accountable
for her actions,
free sex, drinking, drugs. I know this as I had been there before with
her doing that.
She also knows what I stand for and that I stopped doing this because
of wanting the
best for my life, Jesus Christ. It is difficult for her to grow up.

What I am trying to put across is that people don't want to believe in
God because they
feel that they will have to give up everything that makes them feel of
any worth. Love, sex, being at the same level as everyone else (drugs)
and most of all they fear the lose of friends. People are lonely and
the notion that they may have to be different from everyone else
results in so much fear. What is so difficult is to show what Jesus
said and is as clear
as day to us.

For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, and whoever
desires to lose his life for My sake shall find it. - Matthew 16:25

And how I have found my life everyday, how through humility I have
gained so much.

Praise Jesus Christ for his mercy, and for the gentle whisper of the Spirit.

Selah

'Mash