[CS-FSLUG] OT: Re-introductions.

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:48:51 CST 2006

:-) I've finagled my way into a beta online class of Tim Young's
training on Linux Security which I enjoyed very much and found useful on
several occassions. I'm currently employed by Washington Bible College,
but am an appointee missionary with Fellowship International Mission. At
WBC I am involved in everything but the website. At FIM the website will
become a major focus of my work. I'll also be doing the "all things
computer" thing at their home office supporting a much smaller group of
users.

My heart is in the work of connecting missionaries with churches and
friend back home through simple/secure use of technology in the
expectation that God will use it to raise further interest in missions
among those communities.

My experience tends to cause me to say that my knowledge is a mile wide
and an inch deep when it comes to computers in general. Linux is where
my knowledge is currently the strongest. I have some training towards a
CCNA and a working knowledge of managed networks. I'm moving away from
Cisco's equipment in favor of HP's ProCurve line. I also use Linux as a
network OS. I have a couple of routers with Cyclades "router-killer"
cards in them. They are pretty slick.

As windows continues the upgrade cycle, my working knowledge of it
deteriorates. I do still work on several Win2k3 servers and XP machines,
but I am not the primary person for the desktop support anymore.

JSR/