[CS-FSLUG] OT: Re-introductions.

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:33:31 CST 2006

On 1/3/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if some
> people might be interested in re-introducing themselves.

I'm Thomas Herbert but everyone calls me 'Mash which came from my
first ever email address thomash at iafrica.com. Convoluted, yes :)

Anyhow I discovered Linux very late, 2000. While researching a graphic
design project and the very common use of the "swirl" in logos I
stumbled across Debian. I was stunned that a free open OS existed and
went on a mission to find everything I could about Linux.

I first started using Debian from day one, I never realised there were
easier distros out there intill I heard about SuSe. By that time I had
already fallen in love with Debian and found the other packaged
distros held my hand to tightly and I have always preferred the
freedom.

I am currently working for Hostway UK - http://www.hostway.co.uk in
the technical support team and trying to move into SysAdmin. Second
month I was here I asked if I could drop Windows off my desktop and am
now sitting on Debian, Fluxbox/ROX desktop.
I am currently authoring a webzine and trying to learn as much as I
can about web technologies and communication.

I am probably the least linux experienced person on the list, but
probably high on the enthusiasm list. I tend to get stuck into the off
topics more and love the fact that this list is populated with very
opinionated but God fearing people. I am personally trying to ignore
the call to ministry but doing hopelessly.

"God I know your reading, I promise I won't be sitting in this "Whale"
for to much longer, promise."

Well thats me briefly.

'Mash