[CS-FSLUG] Let's Talk About It: Web of Trust

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jan 3 10:52:39 CST 2006

I say we discourage ISPs (AOL/Earthlink/etc.) from marketing their
security software as a blank slate. Too often I get the impression that
if I use their software I'm expected to be able to avoid malware no
matter how stupid I am. Why don't they offer security awareness courses
instead of "solve-it-all" software, or at least as a supplement?

BTW, if you believe AOL is solving this problem by giving away software
or putting a bunch of people in a room with a radar screen on it the
size of a bus (as the commercial suggests), I have a vial of holy water
over here that will cure the common cold, only $75/bottle. :-)

JSR/