[CS-FSLUG] Linux Laptop Support

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 2 16:21:11 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 10:13 -0500, David McGlone wrote:
[...]
> Also when I use either sleep or hibernation, for some reason I lose connection
> to my network and have to  reboot to be able to access my network again, but
> when I use the screen saver instead of hibernate everything works out ok. I
> think there might be a bug in kpowersave, but then again it may be that my
> settings in yast and kpowersave are conflicting with each other.

It could be your ethernet driver does not properly store it's state on a
suspend.  For those interested there is some information in pm.txt found
in the kernel documentation.  Like I said previously, suspending and
hibernating in linux are rather new and probably will not work like
their Windows counterparts.

David, I don't understand how your connection to the internet doesn't
get interrupted but the connection to your LAN does.  Do you have two
NICs?  Private IP, static IP?  What are the details?

Brian