[CS-FSLUG] Linux Laptop Support

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 2 08:25:56 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 01:12 -0600, Nathan T. wrote:
> It's a Toshiba Satellite M40X-RH4.
>
> The problem I've had were with the touchpad, the atheros wireless
> card, and getting a decent distribution with a working sleep and
> hibernate function.

Let's not get the role of the distribution and the kernel confused.  The
kernel is what provides sleep and hibernate functionality and it is
still quite young.

For fun you could download the latest kernel (development, even?) and
enable the sleep/hibernate functions and give it a try.  I would image
most linux distros will have a much older kernel than the latest and
greatest.

Brian