[CS-FSLUG] Linux Laptop Support

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 03:16:18 CST 2006

On 1/1/06, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> What are you running for a laptop?

Im on a IBM Thinkpad X20, mostly everything works out of the box and im
using Debian which is a surprise. Only prob kernel 2.6 does not like my network
card so when I need to use it at work, rather then wirelessly at home I have to
boot into 2.4.27, which is of course is easy using GRUB.

I would say if you want to run Linux ona laptop successfully go for a
model of laptop that has been around for some time. Eg, a year or two old
or a brand like DELL as they have standard hardware builds. The community
plays a massive factor and if one person has got it to work then so will have
others. Try http://www.linux-laptop.net/ which I would say is the most
comprehensive
linux on laptops site I have found.

'Mash