[CS-FSLUG] Quantify the Power Savings

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 29 19:39:07 CST 2006

MS fears death by a thousand cuts, little cuts.

Linux takes a slice out of the server market,
another out of the hobbyist market, another from
the CGI-movie-making market, another via corporations
like Home Depot, another in Europe where municipalities
choose Linux, another where the user-base now demands
cross-platform capability via Java or the like, etc.

The out-of-pocket today cost to an individual customer
combined with highly restrictive regs on transfer of
the OS further alienates customers -- a key here is to
link MS's predatory proprietary practices with that
of the recording industry trying to lock-down copying
via hardware and software -- that will hurt MS with a
lot of potential users and upgraders.

Their desperate attacks have been increasingly hysterical
over the past few years so they are clearly worried.

--

Respectfully,  David

Have a joy-filled New Year!
Thank our brave soldiers this season: