[CS-FSLUG] Printer and Samba

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Tue Dec 19 04:36:58 CST 2006

Sorry repeating everything, but this is not easy for me to grasp.
1. Your url with the hostname uses the name of the pc not the IP-number,
e.g. 192.168.0.2. May I ask, why so?
2. Using Samba, is it possible to get in contact with the
ubuntu/XPmachine part Ubuntu? I haven't made the installation with
changes in Windows for Samba.
3. When I do this http://localhost:631/printers I will get the name of
the Brotherprinter, but even with the notation URL:
http://192.168.0.2:631/ipp/    and it says at the same time "network
host is busy 192.168.0.2
4. I will try the smb://  and see how it turns out to be.

Thanks so far

Hilding