[CS-FSLUG] College / University

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Tue Dec 12 20:53:18 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 20:31 -0700, Nathan T. wrote:
> That said most companies now are looking for programmers who can put
> together solid network or database centric software, I have no
> experience at all with databases beyond actually writing my own
> libraries that would read and write from structured files. As far as
> network programming goes I haven't touched on that beyond grabbing a
> few files off the internet or writing an IRC bot with an already
> existing Java library.

As a word of encouragement... I had one database class in 4 years of
college. And frankly, didn't learn a whole lot. For the past 12 years
I've been working on a database based application. The skills matter.
With the right skills you'll pick up on the specifics needed for any
job.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

And the LORD said... "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will
have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19b