[CS-FSLUG] College / University

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 10 17:46:14 CST 2006

At 01:30 PM 12/10/06, Nathan T. wrote:
>My tutor recommended that I  go to U of Waterloo, but I have some
>reservations about being that  far from home and particularly living
>somewhere that expensive and  going to such an intimidating school.

What makes it intimidating?  The students are just kids like you - good
marks, probably first time away from home for a period longer than summer camp.

My marks weren't as good as yours are, and I survived.  It was also my
first solo adventure away from home.

The co-op program at UoW attracts employers from around the world.  That
could also mean more travel; but it can also mean you'll earn enough to pay
for your education.