[CS-FSLUG] College / University

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Dec 10 12:51:27 CST 2006

 > Nathan T. wrote:
> Remember how I said I would revisit this topic when the time was
> right, well I've graduated from high school now and I'm working a
> full time job for a yet to be determined period of time, so I think
> now is as good a time as any.

Have you looked into distance programs where you
either never visit a campus or only occasionally
for a 1 or 2 week intensive?

Also, have to contacted some large insurance or
banking or other coprporations and asked if they
have any tuition reimbursement programs if you
commit to work for them for 2 or 3 years after
graduation?

Perhaps Home Depot or some other companies who make
major systemic use of Linux, if Linux is your preference?

Have you done some studies of which languages are
forecast to grow in the future and which are dying
out, both in terms of maintance of installed base
and creation/upgrade of new apps?

Have you considered if you prefer the creative
side of things, e.g. artistic, the heavy detail,
e.g. financial systems, or the highly customized,
e.g. heavy graphics users who need bleeding-edge
apps developed quickly as they identify a new
idea?

HTH ...

--

Respectfully,  David