[CS-FSLUG] Virtual machines

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 1 10:47:54 CST 2006

At 10:27 AM 12/1/06, Legatus wrote:

>VMWare works only on x86 architecture. Now that OSX runs on x86, I might
>expect them to port it, but that hasn't happened yet.

Thanks, it doesn't work on OpenBSD either - so we'll drop that idea.  When
I first tried VMWare on WinXP, I hadn't yet had X running on OpenBSD.  It's
running now with Firefox and OOo, but not VMWare.

I just tried QEMU on OpenBSD with a copy of Win98SE virtual disk from
VMware and it "just works"!!  Win98 is complaining about some new devices,
but seems to be working; no network access yet though.  I'll probably
reinstall Win98 to new virtual disk.  I see QEMU has downloads for OSX, so
perhaps that's the way to go...