[CS-FSLUG] DNS services declining

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Aug 26 14:40:59 CDT 2006

> Traceroute would be the one I would use.  Well, that and ping one in a
> while.  I haven't had an troubles at all lately and I will say I
> switched recently to a new hosting provider who seems to be really
> great!  If you guys are ever interested in switching up, please
> contact
> me for a rerferral.  The host is http://bluehost.com

	Thanks, Linc, I hear good things about BlueHost. My company actually
runs the web hosting service hosting this list, however. :-)  I went
through and checked out our DNS server yesterday and all is well. The
problem in my situation is actually with my ISP (my server is in a
datacenter in Texas). I use Charter's cable internet at home and for
some reason it won't let me get to my server's DNS. Using different
DNS servers on the client end fixes the problem -- like I said on my
blog, I'm the only one who can't get to my server.

	Interestingly, even other Charter users can get to it. I thought
perhaps it was my computer, but I've tried multiple computers to no
avail on my home network (save for switching DNS).

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton