[CS-FSLUG] DNS services declining

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Aug 26 10:09:08 CDT 2006

Tim noted on his blog he had trouble connecting to his own server, which
hosts this list, among other things, because of DNS not resolving.
However, little else was affected:

    http://asisaid.com/journal/article/1017.html

I'm experience some of the same sort of issue. The same server hosts my
websites, and I have inconsistent DNS resolution, too. Some times it's
great; other times it's slow. I have similar intermittent issues with
the odd collection of sites I visit each day. This problem has appeared
in the last couple of weeks.

I've tried using traceroute to test the path. I can find it's usually
outside my DSL provider's network, but cannot otherwise identify a
consistent culprit.

Does anyone know a better tool? Are others here being affected? Is there
something going on out there not publicized?

--
Ed Hurst