[CS-FSLUG] Prayer request

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:48:05 CDT 2006

Certainly Nathan, you have been prayed for. A+ Certification is a great
place to get started if you end up going that way and it sounds like the
kind of place that could get you well started in a career. A+ isn't a
Microsoft cert by the way. It's hardware generic.

Also, an environment where the rules are clearly defined can be an
easier environment to work in, especially for the socially awkward. This
is because in other environments, certain things are assumed that may
not be communicated well to you and you may not pick up. Also, you will
have an increased motivation to use your good study skills and sharp
mind to achieve certifications within a timed structure.

That said, you may want to be careful about the commitments you are
making in both places. If you plan to head off to school, then you'll
want to not be signing any contract that says you'll work for X period
of time in return for the training they will cover.

Another thing to consider, A+ tests are not that expensive as certs go
iirc, so that might not the perc it looks.

JSR/