[CS-FSLUG] Christians taking action...

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 14:53:03 CDT 2006

I agree with most all of that.  I think what is in our mind is of
importance to God, not necessarily what results from our inadvertent
actions.  As an example, I live in the US and I pay taxes to the US,
those taxes paid the soldiers that committed the atrocity's in that
Iraqi prison camp.  BUT...I in no way hold myself responsible for the
twisted mental capacities of those soldiers that acted against orders,
without mu knowledge, and without the approval of most of their
superiors.

I was the youth director of our church for a while and on one occasion
the youth held a dance.  One of the dances they performed was the
"Cotton Eyed Joe"  being in England you probably dont know that in one
part of the dance a phrase is yelled out loud that some people might
find offensive. but in Texas if you are at a barn dance, you expect to
hear it.  It is tradition and has no real meaning.  One of the church
members that was there came over to ma and said,"Do you hear what they
are saying?"  and I responded in the affirmative.  "Then why dont you
stop it," I was asked?

I responded that I didnt think God spoke any particular
language...even though some of our local Lutherans have told me they
are sure he speaks German....and that what was in your heart was what
he was understanding.  If you hammer your thumb with a hammer and yell
out.."Gxplechinjg..." to avoid using a swear word.  You are NOT
Innocent.  and if you use a "swear word" without the emotion behind
it, you may be uncouth, but you are NOT guilty.

Now as to WalMart.  Before they came to this town we had no choice but
an overpriced local grocery or drive 25 miles to the nearest large
town where competition held the prices to reasonable levels.  Wal Mart
moved here, put out of business the charlatans, and gave us reasonable
prices.  NOW...if after putting the charlatans out of business they
had raised their prices back to the old levels I would agree with you,
that is evil.  But they did not.  Their prices remain competitive with
the city prices.  In other words they pass on the savings to us and do
not use their sole proprietor position as a way to dominate us.

But other than the above paragraph, I agree completely with you on the
theological side of it.

And another point, if research means going to bloggers and web sites,
many of which have agendas, I dont think that is proper research.  You
need to talk to the people benefited by Wal Mart and those that work
for Wal Mart.  The nay sayers, such as Hillory Clinton....who was and
may still be an executive of Wal Mart....and John Kerrys
wife...something or other Hinze....who owned and may still own over a
million dollars in Wal Mart stock....both of whom are avid Wal Mart
bashers, or the unions (something to the effect of "A woman
scorned...etc...etc) all have an agenda.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."